Monday, October 22, 2007

What I Am Most Thankful For…

It is hard to believe that we have just two more months left in this year. What a wonderful year this has been for REAL ESTATE EXECUTIVE Magazine. I (personally) have a lot to be thankful for. Since November is the traditional month to give thanks, let me take this opportunity share what I am most thankful for:

1. My Publishers Advisory Board-What an incredible and wonderful group of individuals! I knew when I started the magazine that I didn’t have all of the answers, but I knew a lot of people who did and (even more important) could anticipate my questions. We have recently added Mr. Chris Nooney of CTX Mortgage, a long time client, advisor and friend and Ms. Vicki Fullerton of RE/MAX Spring & The Woodlands, who is also our 2008 H.A.R Chair-elect.

2. My Wonderful Wife/Associate Publisher, Barbara- Barbara is a true “Jack of All Trades”. She stages our covers photos, writes cover stories, handles all of the themes and decorations of our tradeshow booths and is there at all of our major events. She is an amazing woman and has contributed so much to the magazine. I (literally) could not do this magazine without her.

3. My Sales & Marketing Staff-For 4 years I was the sales & marketing staff! Then I met young David Bejar, our 19 year old server at Perry’s Steakhouse in 2006 and Barbara and I both saw the potential of this amazing young man. He amazes me with his sales talents. This year we also added Rick & Karen Vowell and Carlen Santa Cruz to the team. Andy Valadez of Marketing Dynamics is my partner in Steve Levine Real Estate Media and handles our blog and other media opportunities.

4. My Support Staff- Terrance Johnson has been our graphic designer since our premier issue. We have had allot of writers come and go, but Woodie Stephenson, Kate Sullivan Conlan & Elizabeth McQuern are the best we have ever had. The same goes for photographers, but Joe Heiliger is great photographer and so easy to get along with. The clients love him and his work.

5. My Relationship with Our Cover Honorees, Clients & Subscribers- I love being Publisher of this magazine and my favorite aspect of my position is the opportunity I have to go “one-on-one” with a superstar Realtor® every month and tell their story. But, what I cherish the most, is the relationship that it has given me with each and every one of these amazing people and you our readers!

This month’s cover honoree, Ms. Vickie Milano of Keller Williams Realty-The Woodlands is no exception! Vickie is an incredible agent and has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She went out of her way to help myself and my staff, do whatever it took to put this issue together. Our cover honorees are our clients, but she treated us like it was the other way around! What a “sweetheart!”

Speaking of clients, I am very thankful for the great companies who have become the “anchor tenants” in the magazines. Companies like Champions School of Real Estate, Royce Builders, Stewart Title, AccuShow, Urban Financial, Allied Home Warranty, Wholesale Mortgage, Momentum BMW, American Home Shield, Sona Medspa, EXIT Realty, LandAmerica Commonwealth Title, CTX Mortgage, Texas Floors, Member Home Loans and Gold Quest Group are all long term advertisers with us and allow us to bring you this fabulous magazine every month. Please support them!

I am also very thankful for the many wonderful companies that I have met and been able to profile in our magazine. This month, we shine the spotlight on Dakota Blue Homes as our “Builder of the Month.” Todd Barrow is the Director of Sales & Marketing at Dakota Blue and is the husband of one of our advisory board members, Rochelle Barrow.

Todd, thank you for introducing us to Dakota Blue Homes and Rochelle, thank you for introducing us to Todd!

Lastly I am thankful to GOD for the many, many blessings that he has given me in my life and my business. My continued health, the support of my wife, sons, step-son and step-daughter allow me to work this business with a passion.

Remember your own blessings as we start this holiday season and remember just who made your blessings possible.

It is time to let you get started with this month’s (N.A.R. Expo) issue!

As always, good reading and good sales!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!

Steve Levine

No comments: